Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's been a while


Wow, it's been a while since I posted anything, sheesh! There are a few reasons for my lack of posting:

1. I picked up a full time/seasonal job at the local Macy's and that took up most every bit of free time I had!

2. The rest of my free time has been filled up with audits, explanations, meetings, other ugliness and bad feelings due to a huge loss of funds at a not for profit entity I happen to be a board member of. There was no embezzlement, but mistakes were made by all and even though we are trying to move past that, accusations and suspicions abound. Probably the most stressful situation I have ever experienced!

3. The whole point of this blog has been to be a happy, positive place to post my thoughts, musings, creativity, pictures and any other random things I find interesting. With the above situations, I haven't felt incredibly positive/creative, so I just followed the old adage, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." (thus all the blank space between Thanksgiving and now!)


With a new year comes the chance to start over, wipe the slate clean and move forward. It is also an opportunity to leave the creepy stuff behind-bad feelings, toxic relationships, pointless resentments, undue stress and anything else that sucks the joy out of life. I'm fortunate that most of the creepy stuff I need to let go is on the periphery of my life and I have the choice and the power to ditch it without much regret or angst.
As I begin to let things go, I will get my groove back and blogging will be something I look forward to again...stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sue! I've sure missed staying in touch with you! If you get a chance, stop by and stamp with us on a stamp club night (or call me for a special date...I really do miss you!). I'd love to spend some time with you. You always pick me up and I'd like to send a little cheer your way! This past year has been a hard year for our family as well, so here's an email toast to a MUCH better year for all! Big hugs! -Lauri

    ReplyDelete