Monday, February 16, 2009

All my favorite things


I finally finished a shadow box I have been working on for a while. Writer's have writer's block, I have "afraid to finish it since I might ruin it" block!! See, I like so many techniques that I have a tendency to go a bit overboard trying to incorporate it all and sometimes end up with a mess. Hopefully I stopped this one just in time-I like it and feel like I stepped away at the right moment (not always my strong suit!). It's a combination of all the things I like to do-stamping, paper collage, distress/altered art, collage pins, scrap booking-I use a lot of Stampin' Up! stamps, punches and inks because I've been in a SU! club for the last two years, I'm also a big fan of T!m Holtz, so I distress everything! And don't get me started on all the great collaging/altered techniques...


I ventured into the shadow box realm because I was looking for a way to re-purpose some collage pins that didn't sell as pins because they were just too ugly/strange/weird for anyone to wear. (it's ok, I knew they were off center when I built them) I also used some of them on my Christmas thank you cards (see that post) and I really liked the response I got. I may end up making less pins and more small wall art, cards, magnets or ? Let me know what you think and I'll post more pics as I get projects done.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment