Tuesday, April 21, 2009

After Prom photos

I do alot of volunteering in my sons' schools and decided a long time ago that if I was doing it for free, I was always going to do something fun. This year, I am in charge of decorating for After Prom at my son's high school. (I know, I'm a weirdo for thinking that would be FUN!) It was last weekend and thankfully a success-whew!
I was nervous because this was the first year I was in charge, we are required to block off hallways and cover the bleachers with tons of visquine tarp and the monsoon rains (which rarely happens here on the high plains of Colorado) changed the humidity enough so nothing would stick right-not even duct tape!! Long story short-nearly everything we taped Friday night had to be redone on Saturday before the event! ahhhh! The Decorating Gods showed mercy, the rains had stopped by then and everything decided to stick properly the 2nd time

Although I had my camera with me, I didn't take one single picture! Thankfully another mom took some with her camera phone and sent them to me-so here is how it looked right before the event:

the balloon arch was beautiful the night before-standing tall all on its own... but helium likes to escape, so we had to secure it to the ceiling.This is the senior prize table and behind it the tarp covered bleachers with all the senior mask souvenirs (we had a Mardi Gras theme)

No comments:

Post a Comment