Sunday, April 5, 2009

Off to the Big Apple


After a year of fundraising, we (32 students, chaperones and teachers) are heading off to NYC on a world wind tour during Spring Break. A few of us have experienced the Big Apple, most have not. Should be a great time seeing it through my 17 year old son's eyes! On tap is all the tourist stuff-Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Broadway Shows "Wicked" and "Phantom" tours of Radio City and NBC, Central Park and Times Square...

I haven't been to New York since 1985...wow 24 years! My mom and I used to visit my uncle every year in October when my dad went out West hunting. We would see shows off and on Broadway, attend art openings of people we knew, eat great food in China Town, Little Italy and the Village, shop til we dropped, attend artist loft parties, see celebs, shop some more...it was the best! I then lived there for nearly a year and had some of the greatest, weirdest, strangest, fun times of my life! After that, I moved over to the West Coast for three years and ultimately settled in Colorado, got married and started a family.

I look forward to the trip (both physically and the one down memory lane) and will post pictures and thoughts upon my return.


No comments:

Post a Comment