Sunday, February 7, 2010

I turned our studio into a kindergarten classroom

Which is appropriate because us radio types are about that mature, ha! http://www.bigcountry979.com/

Actually, in a effort to be more creative this year (a real New Year's resolution), I've decided to make "door decos" for each season/holiday/special occasion to welcome our DJ's and guests into our studio. Although we have a beautiful brand new facility with 6 studios/stations along a hallway, it's all very "corporate cookie cutter" and easy to get lost finding the right studio. Thus the "door deco" concept was born.

If you scroll back through my posts you will see my Christmas ones. With Valentine's Day just around the corner, here is this year's Valentine




It's the doily that makes me think of kindergarten-remember how cute those kid's handmade valentines were and how the classroom was always decorated so sweet? I think I've recaptured some of that!

How I made them: This was a "recycle/use what you have" project. Cost: $0

1. I didn't do a lot of stamping on these-just the wings (Stampin' Up!) and I used red Distress ink (Tim Holtz) to color the doilies.

2. Although you can't see it, old CD's are used as the base behind the doilies..

3. The circles you can see are recycled coasters covered in leftover scrap booking paper.

4. alphabet stickers for names, handmade papers for depth, colored card stock for layering

5. wooden hearts, paper hearts, glitter on the wings, mounting tape for added dimension

6. corner rounder punch and 3 hearts punch (Stampin' Up!)

So...this week before Valentine's Day, I challenge you to make a Valentine from what you already have around the house. I'd love to post it here, so send me a pic and details. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment