Saturday, February 6, 2010

A philosophical question really...

Not really, but this question often reminds me of the "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"
It has to do with my sleep schedule and it's been going on so long that I don't know which came first: did I start waking up before the sun first or did I fall asleep early first to get myself in this pattern? hmmm.

I've never had "normal" jobs-resort, restaurants, retail, radio-so I've never had a normal sleep schedule EVER. Early morning shifts, late night and overnight shifts, weekends and holidays, 2nd jobs, no day ever the same...my lack of schedule is my schedule! I'm not sure I'd know how to act if I had to be 'normal.'

The upside of this waking up early? I must be a morning person because I like it-I make my coffee and play on the computer for about an hour before anyone else gets up-I like having this extra time alone in the dark before I have to be mother, wife, housekeeper, income earner. It's not incredibly productive-can't vacuum or do anything noisy in the middle of the night, but I do my crossword puzzle (http://www.yahoo.com/), blogging, Facebook, Etsy, other paperwork and the ever addicting Bejeweled Blitz (http://www.popcap.com/)

The downside of getting up before the sun? I can't keep my eyes open past 8pm and the ever present crick in my neck from falling asleep on the couch. Just for the record I have tried to stay up later and change the pattern...nope, my eyes still fly open at 5am!

So, like the chicken and the egg question, there is no answer nor do I spend a lot of time thinking about it. Just enough to post it here...early and in the dark. Besides, who wants to miss this sunrise sky?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to be an early bird but I can not make myself get into bed! I was up til 3 am last night...and had to go to work today! Tonight will probably have to be a bit earlier.

    Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete