Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Twelfth of Never

4AM  Today is Friday and I'm up super early to work as 600 KCOL AM talk show morning producer. I weigh myself and the punishment is swift:  a gain of .2   I knew the bread was gonna get me!  It's only .2  and it could be anything, but hard to not feel a little depressed.  This program requires you to weigh every day even after you've reached your goal to stay on task.  I always used to get obsessive when I weighed every day-hopefully the scale and I can reach an understanding and live in harmony, ha!

12:30PM  my radio work chores are finished for today and time for lunch-burger patty with left over pico, salad greens with Walden's honey Dijon dressing and strawberries.  I skipped the breadstick/melba toast option because of yesterday.  For some reason, it just didn't taste all that good-pico was soggy and the honey dijon blows it.   So although filling, not very satisfying-bummer.

4PM  I don't know if it is because I got up early or "another reason" but, I so wanna plow through a bag of salty crunchy ruffled potato chips right now!  I'm glad I have a video to work on to keep me distracted.  I am annoyed that this is bugging me so much today, wah!

7:30PM  over-tired and feeling ho hum even after a great week-must be burnt out.  Will food make me feel better? Nope. so dinner is chicken, radishes, bread stick and  1/2 grapefruit.  Not everyone likes radishes, but I like the heat, crunch and a bit of salt to dip them in. Somehow very satisfying and filling.  Most people would probably make a pucker face at grapefruit too-but I go to all the trouble of peeling, removing all that white stuff and even the the skins around each segment to have only pure fruit left.  You would be amazed at how much fruit there is in 1/2 grapefruit!  It's just sweet enough to take care of the need.

8:30PM  went to a friends poker party for a bit. Was concerned that it was going to be awful not eating or drinking but it was fine. The jello shots were tempting tho all orange and green and looking fun!   Wasn't my usual over indulging self-hopefully that means I'll feel better than they do tomorrow morning, ha!

2 comments:

  1. aw, poor Mrs. Buttons! I can relate to that .2 increase. I'm glad you didn't let it get you down. Your hectic schedule sounds like a beast and I know I woulda caved in my quest for chips. You're amazing. And, the poker party?! Holy cow, that is amazing. Glad you are Super Sue, dood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, I'm trying to stay good and true now so I can get back to eating normal sooner! I'm afraid my motives aren't as Saintly as you guys give me credit for! But whatever works right?

    ReplyDelete